Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet the Muerta – Las Muertas Captain Frisky Bidness

By D-Vious



Many of the ladies who skate for South Side could be considered renaissance women – and Frisky Bidness certainly fits the bill. Off the track she’s known as Christian Sherrill, mother to 3 great kids, wife of 15 years (her husband is affectionately known as Muerta Mike by her team), and full time Hairstylist – a job she loves. But on the track she’s Frisky Bidness, first-year captain of the Las Muertas and a player to be reckoned with.

It was a fateful bout in April of 2009 that pulled her to the ranks. “I went to a bout and I saw those girls beating the shit out of each other and knew I must try this,” Sherrill recalls. She’s been in love with the game ever since. When she sat down to choose her name, she decided to go with personality: “I chose my name cuz I'm a little bit Frisky and a lot Bidness and I think it fits my personality very well.”

What do you love about playing Roller Derby?

I love knocking bitches around and getting knocked down. I love the team and how they have your back through anything, even if it’s not derby. I have made some friends I will have forever and bonded with some I would have never thought I could have because of derby.

How do you prepare your team for a game?

Practice hard and a lot! Psych myself out a little. On the way there I play some rock music as loud as I can so we’ll be ready to whoop some asses.

What is your biggest challenge as a team captain?

Building a great team has been my biggest challenge so far and teaching others the game of derby. It is a lot harder job then it looks! I just try to be there for the girls on my team; make them sweat and give them all I know.

What are some of the best qualities you see in your fellow derby girls?

My team is often the underdog we are not afraid to lose but love to win. We work very hard for everything we want and need as a team. We are the best dead girls you'll ever find.

1 comment: